Susan Lawrence, Chief of EPA's Microbiology Laboratory
Education and Training
- B.S. in Microbiology, 1979, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland.
- Principles of Virology, 1982, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland.
- Innovation in Government Lab Program, 1999, Federal Executive Institute.
- Coaching and Mentoring for Excellence, 2005, OPM Western Management Development Center.
- April 1997 to present - Chief, Microbiology Laboratory Branch, Office of Pesticide Programs, Ft. Meade, Maryland
- September 1996 to March 1997, Special Assistant to the Director, Antimicrobials Division, OPP, Arlington, Virginia.
- June 1995 to February 1996, Deputy Director, Biological and Economic Analysis Division, OPP, Arlington, Virginia.
- October 1990 to June 1995, Chief, Public Response and Program Resources Branch, OPP, Arlington, Virginia
- Prior to 1990 - experience as research scientist for Environmental Protection Agency and US Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, Maryland.