EPA's Support of Rural America, 2020 report highlights key scientific decisions and successful partnerships from 2020 that directly impact rural communities across the country, and ultimately, our nation’s food supply.
- EPA’s first-time Memorandum of Understanding with the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy.
- EPA Regions entering into formal partnerships with State Departments of Agriculture, and Farm Bureaus.
- EPA’s reinstation of the Farm, Ranch and Rural Communities Federal Advisory Committee, and subsequent meetings and deliberation on assigned charge topics: how EPA can create a holistic pesticide program for the future, and how EPA can support environmental benchmarks with interagency partners on the topics of water quality and quantity, and food loss and waste.
- EPA’s renewed agreement with the USDA and the Food and Drug Administration on the Winning on Reducing Food Waste Initiative.
- Providing regulatory clarity to farmers and landowners with the implementation of Navigable Waters Protection Rule and completing timely pesticide registration approvals.
- Releasing new grant opportunities on solutions to pressing issues in rural America including PFAS and pesticide managements.
- Regional success stories showing EPA grants at work in local communities improving air and water quality, promoting environmental education and more.
- EPA's Support of Rural America 2020 (PDF)(19 pp, 13 MB)