What EPA is Doing: AgSTAR
- What is AgSTAR?
- How can AgSTAR help me?
- How can I connect with AgSTAR?
- How do I provide AgSTAR information about my company or project?
- What else is EPA doing to address climate change?
What is AgSTAR?
AgSTAR promotes the use of biogas recovery systems to reduce methane emissions from livestock waste. Biogas recovery also helps achieve other social, environmental, agricultural and economic benefits.
AgSTAR assists those who enable, purchase or implement anaerobic digesters by identifying project benefits, risks, options and opportunities. AgSTAR provides information and participates in events to create a supporting environment for anaerobic digester implementation.
- Got manure? Want energy? We can help! Read a summary of the AgSTAR Program and tools and resources available to help you.
- Accomplishments: Learn about AgSTAR’s meaningful reductions in greenhouse gas emissions.
How can AgSTAR help me?
AgSTAR provides information and tools to help you:
- Understand anaerobic digestion basics
- Implement a project: technical and regulatory assistance, planning advice and guidance
- Assess the status of the livestock anaerobic digestion market
- Network with other stakeholders
- Learn from others’ experience
- Connect with vendors
- Find answers to frequently asked questions
How can I connect with AgSTAR?
- Join the AgSTAR Partner Program: Open to state and non-governmental stakeholders, the Partner Program supports all phases of anaerobic digester projects: planning, deployment and long-term success.
- List your company in the AgSTAR Vendor Directory: Biogas-related companies can provide information about their services in the directory, which includes designers, project developers, energy service providers, equipment manufacturers and distributors, and commodity organizations.
- Contact Us: Receive timely news about digester projects and programs across the country and information about AgSTAR’s conferences and related workshops.
How do I provide AgSTAR information about my company or project?
- To be added to the Anaerobic Digester Database, contact email@example.com.
- To update existing information about a company or project, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What else is EPA doing to address Greenhouse Gas Emissions?
EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions page offers detailed information on greenhouse gases (GHGs), their sources, what EPA is doing about it and how you can help.