Power Plant Data Viewer
The Power Plant Data Viewer is a tool that allows users to easily display emissions from power plants across the United States at multiple levels. You can click, zoom, and use selection tools to see different data perspectives. Note that changing any option on any of the frames changes data in all other frames to allow powerful individualized analyses. At any time, click the Clear Selection Box above the national map to reset all selections to their original defaults. Read more detailed instructions on using the viewer.
- Select a pollutant from the pulldown list on the top left of the screen. Available choices are SO2, NOX, ozone season NOX, and CO2. The default choice is SO2.
- Select a year from the second pulldown list. Available choices are from 1990 to 2019. Note that only SO2 is available for 1990 and ozone season NOX is not available until 1997. The default choice is 2000.
- Select a state from the pulldown list to focus on your state of interest. The default is all states.
- Select a facility from the pulldown list to focus on your facility of interest. The default is all facilities.
- Use the map to navigate to your area of interest with the zoom + and – or with your mouse scroll wheel. Click and drag to pan to different areas in the map.
- Double-click on a facility in the map to limit the displays.
- Click on a facility or facilities in the scatter plot to limit the displays.
- Click on the map or scatterplot and then use the lasso tool to draw a freehand circle of specific areas for which you would like to see data.
- And remember, click the Clear Selection Box above the national map to reset all selections to their original defaults!
- Data are displayed at the facility level. A facility may contain multiple units. Individual units may be covered under different programs; all units may not be covered under all listed programs.
- Pollutants: sulfur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen oxides (NOX), and carbon dioxide (CO2)
- Programs: Acid Rain Program (ARP), Clean Air Interstate Rule (CAIR), Cross-State Air Pollution Rule (CSAPR), and CSAPR Update.
All raw data and data caveats behind the Power Plant Data Viewer can be downloaded from the Air Markets Program Data web page. A progress report summarizing annual progress can be found at Progress Reports.
Data behind the Power Plant Data Viewer is found here: Power Plant Data Viewer(5 MB)