AQS registration is only open to employees of State, Tribal, Local, and federal agencies (and their agents/contractors).
You must have an account to access AQS. Users responsible for inserting, updating, and deleting data in AQS must request those specific rights in the AQS User Registration form. Those wishing to view and retrieve data directly from the AQS database must also register as “read only” users.
If you need only publicly available data, see Obtaining AQS Data .
Steps to register:
- Registrants: Complete the User Section of the AQS User Registration. (Registrants may also complete fields in other sections if those values are known.) The form must be printed and signed at the User Signature before sending it to the next contact.
- Registrants: Read the AQS User Security Guidelines. Print and sign the signature page included in that document.
- Registrants: Email, Mail, or FAX both pages (the completed registration form and the Security signature page) to the recognized AQS contact within the user's agency.
- Agency AQS Contact: Complete the Agency Section, sign and date the form. If the agency needs State or Tribal approval, email, mail, or FAX both pages to the appropriate state/tribe. If Tribal approval is not needed, email both sheets to the EPA Enterprise IT Service Desk (EISD), via EISD@epa.gov.
- State/Tribe AQS Contact: If this section is required, sign and date the registration form. Email both sheets to the EPA Enterprise IT Service Desk (EISD), via EISD@epa.gov.
- EPA, NADG: Will contact the EPA Regional AQS Contact to validate and process the request.
- EPA IT Password Security Policies: For the specific rules governing AQS passwords see EPA's password policy.
EPA staff and contractors not working under an EPA Region, should complete the registration form and email both sheets to the EPA Enterprise IT Service Desk (EISD), via EISD@epa.gov.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- AQS User Registration (PDF)(1 pg, 151 K)
- AQS User Security Guidelines (PDF)(3 pp, 103 K)