Asthma Action Plan
Información disponible en español
A written asthma action plan encourages self-management of asthma. Plans include:
- A list of the person's triggers and how to avoid them,
- Instructions for taking asthma medicine,
- Information on what to do during an asthma episode,
- Instructions on when to call a doctor, and
- Emergency telephone numbers.
Action plans should be updated at least once a year. Talk to your doctor to find the best plan that works for you.
Below are a few examples of commonly used action plans:You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Some of the following links exit to non-federal government sites Exit
- English (PDF)(2 pp, 138 K)
- Spanish (Plan de acción para el asma) (PDF)(1 pp, 40 K)
- Chinese (哮喘行動計劃) (PDF)(8 pp, 11 MB)
- Vietnamese (Kế hoạch hành động hen suyễn) (PDF)(8 pp, 10 MB)