BenMAP-CE Regional Datasets
Below is a link to population, baseline death, air quality and grids for each country assessed in the Exit Global Burden of Disease outdoor air pollution assessment. The zip archive contains a folder for each country. The country list below is ordered alphabetically, according to the Exit3-digit ISO code assigned to each country.
Within each country file you will find the following data:
- Country grid shapefile ("_grid.shp") in 0.1 degree resolution (approximately 10km).
- Country outline shapefile ("_outline.shp").
- Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation-developed baseline death rates (year 2013) for 4 mortality endpoints (COPD, cerebrovascular disease, ischemic heart disease, and lung cancer) stratified by age and sex ("_ihme_incidence_2013.csv"). Neonatal ("0 to 0") and "1 to 4" age groups were combined into a "0 to 4" age group to align with population data.
- Population dataset aligned with the shapefile grid ("_population.csv"). 2015 population data are from the United Nations, Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC) Gridded Population of the World (GQW) v4. Elder populations were combined into an "80UP" age group to align with the incidence dataset.
- Baseline PM2.5 pollutant concentration value (in micrograms per cubic meter) for each grid cell (files ending in "_baseline_PM25.csv"). PM2.5 concentrations are from the 2013 GBD Study. Negative concentrations were adjusted to zero.
We will periodically update the zip archive as newer data come available; if you wish to be notified, please contact us so that we may add you to our e-mail list.