Public Involvement in BOSC Activities
EPA policy and the Federal Advisory Committee Act provide open access to meetings and records and allow the public an opportunity to submit comments to the committee. Members of the public can submit comments for a federal advisory committee to consider as it develops advice for EPA.
To participate in BOSC advisory activities, members of the public can:
- Contact the Designated Federal Officer (DFO) to obtain information on or provide comments about committee activities. DFO contact information can be found on the subcommittee pages;
- Access the Federal Register Notice announcing committee meetings;
- Attend and observe public meetings and teleconferences;
- Review materials used by committee members in their deliberations;
- Provide written comments for consideration by committee members;
- Present oral statements for consideration by committee members at public meetings during time periods set aside for that purpose; and
- Review minutes of committee meeting and deliberations.