Guidance Documents for State, Local and Tribal Air Officials about the Burn Wise Program
- Strategies for Reducing Residential Wood Smoke (2013) (PDF) (45pp, 593k) - Comprehensive list of strategies to help communities reduce wood smoke from residential heating.
- Changeout Guide - Helps determine whether it is feasible to develop and implement a wood stove changeout campaign.
- Guidance Document for Residential Wood Combustion Emission Control Measures (1989) (PDF) (234pp, 8.0 MB) - Developing plans for controlling emissions from residential wood combustion devices.
- Guidance for States to Incorporate a Wood Stove Changeout Program into State Implementation Plans (2006) (PDF) (22 pp, 202 KB)
- Guidance for Using SEPs to Implement Wood Stove Changeout Programs (2007) (PDF) (24pp, 100k) - How to utilize supplemental environmental projects to implement a wood stove changeout program.