On April 25, 2018, the EPA made a final permit decision to grant conditional approval, in accordance with the Clean Air Act, for the construction of a natural gas-fired combined cycle power plant known as the Palmdale Energy Project (Project). The Project is to be located in Palmdale, CA.
Please see our Announcement of Final Permit Decision, 40 CFR 124.19, and www.epa.gov/eab/ for important information regarding the procedures for appeal of a PSD permit decision to the EPA’s Environmental Appeals Board and for when the permit becomes effective.
For further information, please contact Lisa Beckham at (415) 972-3811 or R9AirPermits@epa.gov.
- PSD Permit
- Responses to Public Comments
- Unofficial Redline-Strikeout of Permit Showing Changes from Proposal
- Letter to the Applicant
- Announcement of Final Permit Decision
The Administrative Record for this action can be accessed electronically through the online docket: EPA-R09-OAR-2017-0473, except for the following documents that are not compatible with the docket:
- October 2015 Palmdale Energy Project PSD Application Modeling Files (Index #: 1.1.6).zip(1 pg, 101 MB,
Air dispersion modeling files submitted in October 2015. NOTE: This is a large file and may take longer than average to download.
- April 2015 Palmdale Energy Project PSD Application Modeling Files (Index #: 1.3.7).zip(1 pg, 12 MB,
Air dispersion modeling files submitted in April 2015.
- GIS Mapping Files: Palmdale Energy Project (Index #: 8.19).zip(1 pg, 4 MB,
EPA’s GIS SHP files used for creating maps
- GIS Mapping Files for Map in Response to Comments (Index #: 8.23).zip(11 K,
EPA’s GIS SHP files used to create a map in the Response to Comments
Public Hearing Handout: Palmdale Energy Project (PDF)(1 pg, 34 K,
EPA handout for the Palmdale Energy Project Public Hearing.
Audiencia Pública del Proyecto Energético de Palmdale Folleto español (PDF)(2 pp, 39 K,
Folleto de la EPA para la Audiencia Pública del Proyecto de Energía de Palmdale.