This subcommittee is currently inactive.
In June 2004, the Clean Air Act Advisory Committee (CAAAC) formed an Air Quality Management Work Group to evaluate the National Research Council’s (NRC) comprehensive recommendations Exitand to advise EPA on ways to improve the Air Quality Management (AQM) system. The Work Group included representatives from industry, state and local governments, tribal interests, regional organizations, environmental and public health organizations, and EPA. In December 2004 the CAAAC submitted the Phase I AQM report which included 38 recommendations to EPA.
In its Phase I recommendations, the CAAAC recommended that a new subcommittee be established to continue the assessment and development of recommendations for long-term changes to the air quality management system.
In March 2005, the Clean Air Act Advisory Committee (CAAAC) formed the Air Quality Management (AQM) Subcommittee to continue efforts to improve the air quality management process in the United States. The primary charge of the AQM Subcommittee was to develop recommendations that would improve the air quality management system and address the air quality challenges in this country expected over the next 10 to 20 years. This report addresses those challenges and includes recommendations for the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), states, tribes, and others to improve the planning and implementation of air quality protection programs.
The collection below represent the Phase I and Phase II document library for the final report.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Status Summary of Phase 1 Recommendations (PDF)(1 pg, 95 K, November 2005)
- Compilation of Status Reports on the Implementation of Recommendations Made to EPA by the CAAAC on Air Quality Management (Phase 1) (PDF)(62 pp, 377 K, November 2005)
- Phase I Recommendation 4.1- SIPs to Address Multipollutant Impacts - Memo: Consideration of Multiple Pollutants in Control Strategy Development (PDF)(6 pp, 297 K, August 10, 2005)
- Phase I Recommendation 4.1- SIPs to Address Multipollutant Impacts: 99 NATA Risk Drivers EI Pie Charts (PDF)(14 pp, 45 K, August 2005)
- Phase I Recommendation 4.1- SIPs to Address Multipollutant Impacts: Use of NATA Data to Evaluate Area (PDF)(3 pp, 139 K, July 2005)
- Phase I Recommendation 4.1- SIPs to Address Multipollutant Impacts: Evaluation of PM2.5 Emissions and Controls at Two Michigan Steel Mills and a Coke Oven Battery (PDF)(93 pp, 593 K, February 7, 2006)
- Phase I Recommendation 4.1- SIPs to Address Multipollutant Impacts: Technical Recommendations for Emission Control Measures for PM2.5 and Metals and for Additional Testing (PDF)(4 pp, 47 K, February 7, 2006)
- Phase II: Recommendations to the Clean Air Act Advisory Committee Air Quality Management Subcommittee (PDF)(99 pp, 1 MB, June 2007)
- Phase II: Structure (PDF)(4 pp, 53 K, November 28, 2005)
- Phase II Presentation to the CAAAC: Air Quality Management in the 21st Century (PDF)(38 pp, 4 MB, 18 October 2005)
- Phase II: Final Work Plan Integrated Table (PDF)(6 pp, 40 K, November 28, 2005)
- Phase II: Draft Team 2 Work Plan Outline (PDF)(3 pp, 53 K, 12/7/2005)