3DFEMWATER/3DLEWASTE Release Notes
Source code only release, July 1993 - Note that no programs are included in this release; users must compile the FORTRAN source code to make use of this software.
- The US EPA has removed the executable modules and associated run-time files for both the 3DFEMWATER and 3DLEWASTE models in this distribution. This action is prompted by frequent requests for the models, which had been archived. The run-time modules were removed due to their lack of compatibility with modern operating systems; these executables failed to operate when installed on MS Windows systems running Windows 2000, XP and later operating systems. The models were re-compiled with newer FORTRAN compilers (Intel FORTRAN v9.0, Lahey-Fujitsu FORTRAN 95 v5.6, and Compaq Visual FORTRAN v6.1) but scientific validation of their simulation results was not obtained. Unresolved numerical differences were noted in outputs (newly compiled on XP based systems) when compared to results generated by the models (Lahey F77-EM32 compiled) run on MS Windows operating systems Win98 and WinNT. Users are therefore cautioned to use any resultant simulations generated by the use of this code at their own risk.
- Simulation results generated by the example input files (Lahey FORTRAN F77-EM32 versions of FEMWATER and LEWASTE run on MS Windows 98) are now included in the TESTOUT directory.
- A PDF formatted version of the original documentation is included in the DOCUMENT directory. The MS WORD version has been removed.
- Execution modules and controlling run-time files for the models have been removed.
Corrections & Improvements to Prior Versions
- Added subroutine CLRSCR (clear screen) to clear monitor screen prior to text or prompt writes and displays to monitor screen.
- Added WRITE statements to display text on the monitor screen to inform user when program is executing and completed.
- Added include file ANNOUN.INC. This file is included in the main program and displays on the monitor screen the name of the program, version number, release date, and CEAM registration address.
- Corrected minor FORTRAN source code errors detected during static code evaluation as per CEAM SDLCM.
- Redesigned screen prompts for all input, output, and other run-time file names.
- Revised and updated READ.ME, UPDATE.TXT, RELEASE.TXT to CEAM standards.
- Implemented CEAM standard installation INSTALIT/MediaBuilder code and logic, external diskette labels, and BBS compressed, self-extracting, interactive installation program with on-line, context sensitive help.
- Created executable task image files (*.EXE) with 32-bit, protected mode Lahey FORTRAN, F77L-EM/32 version 5.01 and Phar Lap 386LINK version 4.1L(CEAM standard FORTRAN distribution tools). DOS extender is bound into application EXE files with automatic virtual memory management; distributed royalty free. No overlay structure; both linked as flat memory model. Both EXE files require 386/486 based system with co-processor.