GCSOLAR Release Notes
GCSOLAR.NET version 1.0
- This release (1.0 July 2018) of the GCSolar.NET program differs from earlier versions of the program in that it is written in C# whereas the previous versions were written in FORTRAN.
- This version also permits the user to interact with the application using graphical user interface.
Corrections & Improvements to Prior Versions
- Created GCSOLAR model system and user support documentation files (refer to subdirectory README)READ.ME, RELEASE.TXT, UPDATE.TXT, ABSTRACT.TXT, RESPONSE.TXT, and YEAR2000.TXT.
- Composed INSTALIT/MediaBuilder code and logic for product version description (.PVD) and installation (.INF) script files.
- Reformatted MASTER program and GCSOLAR model FORTRAN source code files (*.INC, *.FOR) from FORTRAN 77 fixed form to FORTRAN 90 free form (*.INC, *.F90).
- Composed Lahey FORTRAN MAKE utility files (MAKEFILE.*) for the GCSOLAR model system FORTRAN source code.
- Compiled and linked executable task image program files for the GCSOLAR model system, version 1.20, using Lahey FORTRAN 90 compiler release 3.50c and linker (386LINK, 8.0_Lahey2).
- Included executable task image files (XSOLARX.EXE, XMASTERX.EXE) and runtime support operating system programs and files.
- Included test output data file within the OUTPUT subdirectory to test installation of the GCSOLAR model.
- Included the following GCSOLAR runtime support programs and files:
- MENU.BAT - GCSOLAR model system 'command menu' display command file
- GCS_MENU.SCR - GCSOLAR model system 'command menu' file
- GCSOLAR.BAT - GCSOLAR model execution DOS command file
- GCS_OPEN.SCR - GCSOLAR model welcome screen file
- MASTER.BAT - GCSOLAR 'master file' program execution DOS command file
- MAS_OPEN.SCR - GCSOLAR 'master file' program welcome screen file
- Application revisions to the GCSOLAR model system, version 1.20, are included in the file UPDATE.TXT. This document is available as an ASCII text file in the README subdirectory. Refer to file READ.ME in the README subdirectory for further information on the storage format and, print and view requirements of this file.
- Included application users' manual "GCSOLAR User's Manual". This document is available as an Adobe(*) Acrobat(*) Portable Document Format (PDF) file (USERMANU.PDF) within the DOCUMENT subdirectory if the user chose to install the user's manual from the INSTALCG.EXE program install menu.