Visual Plumes Release Notes
Corrections & Improvements to Prior Versions
- First released through CEAM on August 14, 2001.
- Additional controls on display of the input tables on the Text tab are found on the Special settings tab. The ambient table is now echoed. Display can show the tables filled in or only those numbers explicitly entered in the tables.
- UM3 includes a new output criterion, the "matched energy radial vel[ocity]" message.
- VP now does a better job creating DOS PLUMES VAR files.
- Corrected is a serious bug in the far-field 4/3-power-law solution.
- VP now supports three graphics series: red, blue, and green. (Also, black for verification).
- An exit-without-saving option has been added to the File menu.
- VP now maintains a list of previously accessed projects on the File menu.
- VP maintains more information in the list file, e.g., the graphics tick increment is now maintained.
- The farfield increment is now on the Special Settings tab, use it to control the number of intermediate steps between the acute and chronic mixing zone distances.
- Input for the UM3 Taylor (aspiration) entrainment coefficient has been added to the Special Settings tab.
- The second ordinate has been enabled on the Custom-graph-coords radio control box on the Special Settings tab. This allows output to a second y-axis on the Graphics tab (custom graphic).
- The Right-axis-settings button on the custom graph panel of the Graphics tab may be used to create the right axis and control the corresponding settings and values.
- As part of our effort to provide a common platform for several competing models to help researchers refine their products and to make it easier to compare models both between them and with verification, a "verification" capability has been added to VP.
- A clear graphics button has been added to the Graphics tab to allow verification data to be cleared from the graphics panels.
- The "Thick" button on the Graphics tab increases the thickness of the solid lines when increased legibility is needed.