Safer chemicals are a major priority of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Moving toward a healthier, more sustainable environment requires making safer, “greener” chemicals and producing new and existing chemicals in ways that are safer for humans and wildlife.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Chemical Safety for Sustainability Overview Fact Sheet (PDF)(2 pp, 563 K)
CompTox Chemicals Dashboard Fact Sheet (PDF)(2 pp, 342 K,
Provides an overview of the Computational Toxicology Chemicals Dashboard and its features. Covers the types of chemistry, toxicology and exposure information available in the dashboard along with its new features including GenRA and the PubMed Abstract sifter.
- Organotypic Culture Models for Predictive Toxicology Research Centers (PDF)(2 pp, 144 K)
- Nanotechnology Fact Sheet (PDF)(2 pp, 269 K)
Computational Toxicology Research Fact Sheet: December 2018 (PDF)(2 pp, 790 K,
Provides an overview of EPA NCCT's computational toxicology research. Covers the tools and resources produced through this research such as the CompTox Chemicals Dashboard, ExpoCast data, the Chemicals and Products Database as well as ToxRefDB and the Virtual Tissues Models.
Toxicity Forecaster (ToxCast) (PDF)(2 pp, 1 MB,
Provides an overview of ToxCast and its current progress up to phase 3.
- ToxCast Models Fact Sheet (PDF)(2 pp, 220 K)
High-Throughput Exposure Forecasting (ExpoCast) (PDF)(2 pp, 647 K,
Provides an overview of EPA's rapid chemical exposure and dose research and some of the online tools it has produced such as the Chemical and Products Database.
- Virtual Tissues Research Project (PDF)(2 pp, 172 K)
Adverse Outcome Pathway (AOP) Fact Sheet (PDF)(2 pp, 198 K,
February 22, 2018)
Adverse Outcome Pathway (AOP) Fact Sheet
- Adverse Outcome Pathway (AOP) Research Brief (PDF)(6 pp, 302 K)
- Physiologically-Based Pharmacokinetic (PBPK) Models Fact Sheet (PDF)(2 pp, 260 K)
- Non-Targeted Analysis Collaborative Trial (ENTACT) Fact Sheet (PDF)(2 pp, 263 K)
- Evaluating Developmental Neurotoxicity Fact Sheet (PDF)(1 pg, 1 MB)
- Downloadable Computational Toxicology Data (PDF)(2 pp, 288 K)
- Sequence Alignment to Predict Across Species Susceptibility (SeqAPASS) Fact Sheet (PDF)(2 pp, 487 K)
- Assessing Toxicity of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) (PDF)(1 pg, 335 K)
- Protecting Pollinators (PDF)(2 pp, 982 K)
Web-ICE Toxicity Extrapolation Tool (PDF)(1 pg, 236 K)
Web-ICE is an ecotoxicity extrapolation tool that allows risk assessors from all sectors to estimate chemical toxicity to a diversity of fresh and saltwater invertebrates and fish, birds and mammals, and aquatic plants (algae) that may have limited toxicity data.
- ECOTOX Knowledgebase Fact Sheet (PDF)(2 pp, 709 K, Nov. 17, 2020)