EPA Launches New Webpages for New Chemical Notices Receipt Information
For Release: November 13, 2019
Today, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) published new, easily-searchable webpages to display information on:
- premanufacture notices (PMNs),
- Significant New Use Notices (SNUNs),
- Microbial Commercial Activity Notices (MCANs),
- Test Market Exemption Applications (TMEAs),
- Notices of Commencement of Manufacture or Import (NOCs), and
- test information submitted under Section 5 of TSCA.
The agency is required to publish information pertaining to new chemical submissions under TSCA Section 5. Historically, this data has been, and will continue to be, made available monthly in the Federal Register via www.regulations.gov. The new webpages are a much easier way for the public to access information about new chemical submissions.
These webpages increase transparency of EPA’s program by providing information, such as date the notice was received by EPA, case number, and chemical substance identity (to the extent that such information is not subject to a confidential business information (CBI) claim). EPA will update these webpages monthly.
For more information on TSCA chemicals, visit: www.epa.gov/chemicals-under-tsca