Children's Health Curriculum Lesson 5: Climate Change and You
This lesson teaches kids about the earth's orbit around the sun, the Greenhouse Effect, and how to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases in the earth's atmosphere.
Kids Will Be Able To:
- explain what the sun is;
- explain the rotation and revolution of the earth around the sun;
- explain what our atmosphere is and what it does; and
- explain how climate change impacts them and the simple steps that they can take to help reduce greenhouse gases.
How to Get This Lesson:
- The complete lesson plan offers everything you need, including all visual materials.
Download the complete lesson plan
Download parts of the lesson plan
Lesson Cards (PDF) (9 pp, 3 MB)
Handouts for students:
Take Home Talk (PDF) (2 pp, 1 MB)
- EPA: A Student's Guide to Global Climate Change
- Global Change Research Program: Climate Change Wildlife and Wildlands Toolkit—Polar/Subpolar Region
Kids' Activities / Coloring Sheets
- EPA: Trash and Climate Change Activity Book (PDF) (11pp, 379K)