Region 6: Children’s Environmental Health in Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas, and 65 Indian Tribes
In the Southwest, over 21 percent of the population is children under the age of 14. Choose from the resources below to learn about children’s environmental health hazards in Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas, and 65 Indian Tribes.
- EPA Region 6’s children’s health coordinator is Paula Selzer (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (214) 665-6663.
- EPA Region 6's healthy schools coordinator is Deanna Debose (email@example.com) at (214) 665-6461.
- Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units (PEHSUs) offer local health care providers and parents access to pediatric environmental health expertise. In the Southwest, the PEHSU is the Southwest Center for Pediatric Environmental Health.
Each year, Region 6 compiles highlights of regional efforts to protect children's environmental health. Read about some of our partnerships:
- 2013 Children's Environmental Health Third Annual Program Highlights Report
- 2014 Children's Environmental Health Fourth Annual Program Highlights Report