Region 9: Children's Environmental Health in the Pacific Southwest
Choose from the resources below to learn about children’s environmental health in Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, the Pacific Islands, and over 140 Tribal Nations.
Please contact EPA Region 9 for questions or requests regarding technical assistance, training, or outreach on children’s environmental health, healthy schools, or environmental education topics.
- EPA Region 9’s Children’s Environmental Health and Healthy Schools Coordinator is Sarah Sullivant and can be reached at email@example.com or (415) 947-4226.
- EPA Region 9's Environmental Education Coordinator is Eileen Shanahan and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 947-4184
Western States Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit
EPA and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry jointly support the Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units (PEHSU), which is a network of experts in pediatric environmental health located throughout North America. The PEHSU was created to ensure that health professionals and communities have access to specialized medical knowledge and resources for children faced with a health risk due to a natural or human-made environmental hazard. The Western States PEHSU is available to answer questions from healthcare professionals, parents, care givers, and others about children's symptoms that may be related to environmental exposures. The Western States PEHSU can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at (415) 206-4083
or (866) 827-3478
(toll free). Service Area: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, and Tribal Nations
Children's Environmental Health and Disease Prevention Research Centers
EPA and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences jointly established Children's Environmental Health and Disease Prevention Research Centers to better understand the effects of environmental exposures on children's health and identify ways to reduce children's health risks from environmental factors. There are currently five Children's Centers in Region 9:
- University of California Berkeley Center for Integrative Research on Childhood Leukemia and the Environment
- University of California Berkeley/Stanford Children's Environmental Health Center
- University of California Davis Center for Children's Environmental Health and Disease Prevention
- University of California San Francisco
- University of Southern California Children’s Environmental Health Center
More Regional Information
Follow Region 9 on FacebookExit
Follow Region 9 @eparegion9 on TwitterExit
Contact Us to ask a question, provide feedback, or report a problem.