How to Find Citizen Science Projects
- View examples of citizen science projects supported or managed by EPA.
- Contact the EPA Regional Citizen Science Coordinator in your area.
Other Federal Agencies
- Search CitizenScience.gov Catalog for projects supported or managed by EPA and other federal agencies.
Find other citizen science projects in your area
- Discover ScistarterExitto find environmental citizen science projects in your community. This enables you to filter by location or project type.
- EarthEcho Water ChallengeExit(formerly World Water Monitoring Day) is an international education and outreach program. This program builds public awareness of the importance of protecting water resources around the world by engaging people to conduct basic monitoring of their local water bodies.
- The Secchi Dip-InExitis a program of the North American Lake Management Society. Individuals in volunteer monitoring programs take a transparency measurement on one day during the month of July. Individuals may be monitoring lakes, reservoirs, estuaries, rivers, or streams. These transparency values are used to assess the transparency of volunteer-monitored lakes in the United States and Canada.
Other ideas on where to look to for citizen science projects:
- Environmental groups
- State agency programs
- Corporate programs
- Academic research opportunities
- Crowdsourcing projects
Depending on your interest and availability, remember to look at all levels:
- Online participation