CIMC - How to Download Data
This page explains how to download data from Cleanups in My Community (CIMC)
Starting from the CIMC landing page or the CIMC Map View:
- "Create a listing of cleanups or grants" from the CIMC landing page or
- Cleanups and Grants listing from the CIMC map view.
- On the "Cleanups in My Community Listing" page, select your geography (see "About the Data" page for more details on geography available in CIMC).
- Make sure you have chosen what you want to include in your download ("Cleanups" or "Brownfield Grants"). You may also use the "Cleanup" or "Brownfields Grants " tabbed menus to further refine the data you want to download.
- When you have made your data and geographic selections, choose "Apply".
- When the screen refreshes, scroll down to see your list at the bottom of the page. The initial view of the list may only show a portion of all the records that meet your criteria. You may view the additional pages by clicking the right arrow in the lower right corner of the page.
- You can choose to open or save the resulting list of cleanups or grants on the "Cleanups in My Community List Results" page to an Excel or CSV file format by clicking "Actions" and then "Download" from the Actions drop down menu. Your computer interface will walk you through the process of opening the file or saving the file to your computer. The download will include all the results records, even if they do not all appear on the results page. The Excel export will include working links to the profile pages.
Additional Data may be Downloaded for Brownfields Properties:
- After following the previous steps for Downloading Data from CIMC, go to the bottom of the CIMC List Results page, and click on the button on the right called "Click for More Brownfields Info".
- On the "Advanced Brownfields Property Search" page, choose the additional categories of data you want, and then click on Submit. The results will display on the "Advanced Brownfields Property List Results" page. Only Brownfields properties will be shown in this view and will be available for download with these additional fields. Only the first 15 records will be shown initially. You may view the additional pages by clicking "Next" at the bottom of the page.
- On the "More Brownfields Information" page, go to the bottom left corner of the page and click on "Export to CSV". Your computer interface will walk you through the process of opening the file or saving the file to your computer. All the list results will be downloaded, for all the columns, whether they appear on the first page of list results or not.
Note: Multiple lines for a property may appear if a property received multiple funding sources from EPA and/or reported multiple accomplishments at a particular property.