We discussed the evolution and current status of climate leadership with two guest speakers – 2013 Climate Leadership Award winners in the Organizational Leadership category – who shared information about their initiatives, achievements, and lessons learned. Featured organizations not only have their own comprehensive GHG inventories and aggressive emissions reduction goals, but also exemplify leadership in their internal response to climate change, through engagement of their peers, competitors, partners, and supply chain, and addressing climate risk in their enterprise strategies.
- Melissa Klein, Communications Director, Center for Corporate Climate Leadership, U.S. EPA
- Matt Clouse, Director, Renewable Energy Policy and Programs, U.S. EPA
- Dan Kreeger, Executive Director, Association of Climate Change Officers
- Lisa Friend, Sustainability Planner, Boulder County, CO
- Marty Sedler, Director, Global Utilities and Infrastructure, Intel Corporation
- Presentation Slides: What is Climate Leadership: Examples and Lessons Learned in Organizational Leadership (PDF)(35 pp, 2 MB, April 11, 2013)