CMAQ Publications and Peer Review
The number of publications using CMAQ has grown significantly since 2000. Below is a chart that tracks publications containing the phrase "Community Multiscale Air Quality" over time, based on Google Scholar search results.
External Review of the CMAQ System
Panels of U.S. and international experts in atmospheric science are convened periodically to peer review new CMAQ versions. The panel’s findings are released to the public along with the software to promote the software’s sound scientific use. Members of the peer review panel are selected based on their expertise in accordance with the focus of the review session. After reviewing numerous reports and articles and completing their three-day meeting in Research Triangle Park, N.C., the review panel prepares a comprehensive report on their findings and recommendations. EPA then responds to the comments of the reviewers. Final review reports are posted below.
- May 2019: Sixth peer review and response
- September 2015: Fifth peer review and response
- September 2011: Fourth peer review and response
- February 2007: Third peer review and response
- July 2005: Second peer review and response
- December 2003: First peer review