Columbia River Health Advisories
State health agencies are responsible for determining how much fish is safe to eat from a particular river, lake, or stream based on:
- How much the average person is expected to eat;
- The amount of toxics in the fish.
For example, your state may issue a fish consumption advisory to protect the general public or for sensitive populations, such as children and pregnant women.
The links below provide information about fish consumption advisories for lakes and rivers in each state:
- Idaho Fish Consumption Advisory Program Exit
- Oregon Fish and Shellfish Consumption Exit
- Washington Fish Consumption Advisories Exit
- Idaho Tribal Fish Consumption Survey
Check with your state or local health agency to find out if there are any swimming or recreational advisories for rivers and lakes in your area.