This video explains how EPA employees make improvements to the speed and quality at which they deliver services to the American people using EPA’s Lean Management System (ELMS).
- Nearing Full Implementation, EPA's Lean Management System Delivers Results
- More news releases about ELMS results
Learn how EPA's "web-wellness" team uses ELMS principles to eliminated bad and broken web links as well as expiring web pages on EPA's web site.
State and Tribe Deployments
In the spirit of continuous improvement, EPA would like to share its experience implementing ELMS with state and Tribal partners. EPA intends to work with states on a variety of permit processes including but not limited to water, air quality and hazardous waste permits, and to work with Tribes on shared governance processes. The agency will focus on permits issued by states and Tribes on behalf of EPA including authorized and delegated permits.
- EPA Lean Management System (ELMS) Fact Sheet for States and Tribes (PDF)(2 pp, 4 MB)
- EPA State and Tribal ELMS Deployment Program (PDF)(4 pp, 125 K)
- EPA State and Tribal ELMS Deployment Program Readiness Assessment (PDF)(4 pp, 122 K)
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.