This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will provide updated information as it becomes available, in addition to updated guidance. This website provides key EPA resources on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). We are continually updating our frequent questions related to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Information on Disinfectants
On January 29, 2020, EPA activated its Emerging Viral Pathogens Guidance for Antimicrobial Pesticides in response to the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19).
- List N: List of Disinfectants for use Against Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Disinfectant Use and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Frequent Questions about Disinfectants and Coronavirus
- Joint Guidance from CDC and EPA on Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Information for Registrants for Expediting Emerging Viral Pathogen Claim Submissions
Information on Drinking Water and Wastewater
EPA is providing information on drinking water and wastewater to provide clarity to the public. The COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking-water supplies. Based on current evidence, the risk to water supplies is low.
EPA Providing PPE
- OCSPP and Region 3 Provide Excess PPE
- ORD Donates PPE to FEMA
- OAR Transfers Excess PPE
- Region 2 Transfers PPE to FEMA
Coronavirus (COVID-19) News from EPA
Federal Resources Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus.gov: Public information provided by the U.S. government related to Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Current public health and safety information on COVID-19.
- CDC Easy to Read COVID-19 Safety Information: Easy to read information about COVID-19 prevention, testing, and treatment.
- USA.gov Coronavirus: What the U.S. government is doing in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). View en español.
- Coronavirus Guidelines for America: The president’s Coronavirus guidelines for America.
- Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions: Interagency website, organized by the White House Coronavirus Task Force, for definitive information on the public’s most frequently asked questions.
- FEMA Rumor Control: A resource helping the public distinguish between rumors and facts regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.