Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF): Estuary Protection and Restoration
The CWSRF is a source of funding for water quality improvement projects that implement Section 320 National Estuary Program (NEP) Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plans (CCMP). The CWSRF offers a broad range of eligibilities and flexible, affordable financing options.
There are several ways that the CWSRF can fund water quality improvement projects within the National Estuary Program (NEP) estuary and greater watershed. Many water quality improvement projects within an estuary may be eligible to receive funding under several CWSRF statutory eligibilities. The CWSRF can provide funding to:
- Develop or revise an NEP CCMP;
- Implement projects located within an NEP study area that implement a CCMP;
- Implement projects located within the greater watershed of an NEP that implement a CCMP;
- Match grants that support eligible projects for the protection or restoration of estuaries (including Section 319 Nonpoint Source Management Program and Section 320 National Estuary Program grants); and
- Fund any estuary project that meets the criteria of one of the eleven CWSRF eligibilities in Section 603(c) of the Clean Water Act.
Funding CWSRF Projects Under CWA Section 320 Authority (National Estuary Program)
This fact sheet helps inform the 28 NEP programs of opportunities for CWSRF collaboration and financial assistance in the development and implementation of their CCMPs.