EPA Newsletter and Collaboration and Outreach on HABs
EPA Freshwater HABs Newsletters
The newsletter delivers the latest information on HABs including news, upcoming events, conferences, and webinars, useful resources, beach closures and health advisories, and recently published journal articles. Previous editions can be located in archives under "CyanoHABs Newsletters". Search EPA Archive
To sign up for the newsletter, please send an email (EPACyanoHABs@epa.gov).
Access to upcoming and past webinars on HABs.
- EPA Preparing for HABs Season Webinar: Planning and Responding to Cyanotoxins in Recreational Waters, June 20, 2019
- EPA Preparing for HABs Season Webinar: Planning and Responding to HABs in Coastal Waters, May 23, 2019
EPA Preparing for HABs Season Webinar: Planning and Responding to Cyanotoxins in Drinking Waters, April 25, 2019
Benthic HABs Discussion Group
The mission of this international collaborative is to accelerate mutual understanding of benthic HABs in rivers and lake systems, by sharing data and monitoring protocols, experiences and lessons learned.
Calendar of Webinars:
- Benthic HABs Discussion October 20, 2020
- Benthic HABs Discussion May 27, 2020
- Benthic HABs Discussion January 29, 2020
- Benthic HABs Discussion October 30, 2019
Benthic HAB Workgroup Facilitators – Contact us to join the workgroup or to be a presenter!
|Margaret Spoo-Chupka||Metropolitan Water District of Southern CA||Phone: 909-392-5127
|Jade L. Young||US Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District||Phone: 502-315-7439
|Keith Bouma-Gregson||California State Water Resources Control Board||Phone: 916-322-8430
|Dr. Lesley D'Anglada||US EPA, Washington, DC||Phone: 202-566-1125
* Disclaimer: The information presented in the Benthic HABs Discussion Group Webinars does not constitute an official endorsement by the U.S. government.
Inland HABs Discussion Group
The US EPA, CDC and USGS coordinate webinars to discuss issues related to harmful algal blooms including research, monitoring, human and ecological health risk assessment, education, and outreach. Previous webinars can be located in archives under "Inland HAB Webinar". Search EPA Archive
|Dr. Lorrie Backer||CDC||Phone: 770-488-3426
|Dr. Keith Loftin||USGS||Phone: 785-832-3543
|Lesley D'Anglada||US EPA, Washington, DC||Phone: 202-566-1125
* Disclaimer: The information presented in the Inland HABs Discussion Group Webinars does not constitute an official endorsement by the U.S. government.