Where Our Dive Units are Located
EPA has scientific divers based in 9 offices around the country. See the map or contact list below to find the Dive Officer for each unit.
- Boston, MA (EPA Region 1), Eric Nelson (email@example.com), Unit Diving Officer
- Edison, NJ (EPA Region 2), Scott Grossman (firstname.lastname@example.org), 732-261-1140, Unit Diving Officer
- Philadelphia, PA (EPA Region 3), Steve Donohue (email@example.com), Unit Diving Officer
- Atlanta, GA (EPA Region 4), Tara Houda (firstname.lastname@example.org), Unit Diving Officer
- Athens, GA (EPA Region 4), Mel Parsons (email@example.com), Chair, Diving Safety Board
- Sabine Island, Florida (Office of Research and Development, Gulf Ecosytem Measurement and Modeling Division), Cheryl Hankins (firstname.lastname@example.org), 850-934-9340, Diver Training Center
- Dallas, TX (Region 6), Ashley Howard (email@example.com), Unit Diving Officer
- Newport, OR (Office of Research and Development, Western Ecology Division), T Chris Mochon-Collura (firstname.lastname@example.org), Unit Diving Officer
- Seattle, WA (Region 10), Sean Sheldrake (email@example.com), Unit Diving Officer
Working with EPA divers
Our divers primarily support EPA's programs, but we also participate in joint diving activities under formal reciprocity agreements with a variety of organizations, including other federal and state agencies, universities, and private sector groups.
If your agency or organization is interested in conducting a joint diving project with EPA, please contact the Unit Diving Officer nearest you in the list above.