EPA Office of Water is hosting a series of quarterly webinars highlighting challenges and successes in lead service line identification and replacement. The webinar series showcases how states and public water systems have successfully identified lead service lines and shared that information with the public to raise awareness about the presence of lead service lines in their communities.
March 7, 2019 2:00-3:30 pm ET: Introduction to the Series
The first webinar included an update on EPA’s lead service line replacement map, a presentation by Sam Perry from Washington State Department of Health – “The Quest for 100% Lead Free – Listening for Lead in Washington State”, and a presentation by Maureen Schmelling from DC Water - “DC Water’s Service Line Map and Methods to Improve Service Line Inventory”.
June 6, 2019 2:00-3:30 pm ET: Focus on State Programs
This webinar features presentations from Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection and New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection discussing each state’s program for lead service line identification and replacement, including how replacements are regulated and funded.
September 5, 2019 2:00-3:30 pm ET: Focus on Large Public Water Systems
The webinar features a presentation from EPA's Office of Research Development's research project focused on lead service lines, as well as presentations from Central Arkansas Water and Louisville Water describing their lead service line replacement programs.
December 5, 2019 2:00-3:30 pm ET: Focus on Small Public Water Systems
This webinar features a presentation from EPA’s Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water showcasing lead service line replacement online resources. Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation, Drinking Water and Groundwater Protection Division, presented information related to the state’s implementation of Lead Reduction Strategies Grant, including 2 small system case studies. The City of Lake Mills, Wisconsin shared insights from their experiences implementing a lead service line identification and replacement program in their water utility serving <6,000 people.
Lead in Drinking Water Resources
- View more about the Lead and Copper Rule
- Basic information about lead in drinking water
- EPA’s infographic on lead in drinking water
- Water utilities' annual water reports, also known as Consumer Confidence Reports
- EPA’s lead website -- learn more about lead from different sources (i.e., paint, air, dust, soil
- EPA LSLR Webinar with Washington State and DC Water (PDF)(46 pp, 5 MB, March 7, 2019)
- EPA LSLR Webinar with Massachusetts and New Jersey (PDF)(48 pp, 2 MB, June 6, 2019)
- EPA LSLR Webinar with Central Arkansas Water and Louisville Water (PDF)(81 pp, 11 MB, September 5, 2019)
- EPA LSLR Webinar with Vermont and the City of Lake Mills (PDF)(48 pp, 7 MB, December 5, 2019)