EMC: Performance Specifications
Performance specifications are used for evaluating the acceptability of the Continuous Emission Monitoring System (CEMS) at the time of or soon after installation and whenever specified in the regulations.
For the official version of the performance specifications, please see the Code of Federal Regulations, Appendix B to Part 60—Performance Specifications.
Proposed performance specifications are available below.
Promulgated Performance Specifications
Title 40 CFR Appendix B to Part 60
|PS-2||Sulfur Dioxide and Nitrogen Oxide|
|PS-3||Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide|
|PS-4B||Carbon Monoxide and Oxygen|
|PS-5||Total Reduced Sulfur|
|PS-8||Volatile Organic Compounds|
|PS-12B||Mercury (Sorbent Trap)|
|PS-15||Extractive Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy|
|PS-16||Predictive Emissions Monitoring Systems|
|PS-18||Gaseous Hydrogen Chloride|
Proposed Performance Specifications
- Technical Amendments to Performance Specification 18 and Procedure 6
- Partial Withdrawal notice for Direct Final for PS 18 and Procedure 6 (PDF) (5 pp, 49 K) - July 2016
- Direct Final Rule: Technical Amendments to Performance Specification 18 and Procedure 6, FR May 19, 2016(6 pp, 317 K, About PDF)
- Parallel Proposed Rule: Technical Amendments to Performance Specification 18 and Procedure 6, FR May 19, 2016(5 pp, 329 K, About PDF)
Proposed Performance Specification 17 for Parameter Monitoring, Amendments to Procedure 1, Appendix F, and Procedure 4, Appendix F (PDF) (51pp, 402 K) - Federal Register - October 9, 2008
- Proposed Performance Specification 10 for Multi-Metals Continuous Monitoring Systems (PDF) (11 pp, 43 K) - April 19, 1996