TECHNICAL PRODUCT BULLETIN #M-33
USEPA, OEM REGULATIONS IMPLEMENTATION DIVISION
LISTING DATE: AUGUST 22, 2016
|I. NAME, BRAND, OR TRADEMARK|
|II. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF MANUFACTURER/CONTACT|
Oil Spill Solutions, LLC
|III. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF PRIMARY DISTRIBUTORS|
Oil Spill Solutions, LLC
|IV. SPECIAL HANDLING AND WORKER PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND FIELD APPLICATION|
|1. Flammability: Non-Flammable (DOT: Non-Hazardous)
2. Ventilation: Personal protective equipment should be used when applying Hydro-Bond™. Recommended equipment would include safety glasses or goggles, disposable respirators, nuisance dust mask or procedural mask, disposable gloves and long sleeves. Odors/vapors may produce mild and temporary discomfort to the respiratory tract resulting in wheezing, tightness in the chest, shortness of breath and coughing. Although they may be present in low amounts, dust and small pieces of material may aggravate bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema if inhaled.
3. Skin and eye contact; protective covering; treatment in case of contact: Hydro-Bond™ in contact with the skin may result in irritation (redness, itching) or other effects with some individuals. In case of skin contact wash exposed skin thoroughly with soap and water. As some are sensitive or allergic to natural rubber (Latex), if irritation develops and is prolonged and/or sore, consult a physician. Hydro-Bond™ material is abrasive if it enters the eye, which can cause irritation to sever damage if left untreated. In case of eye contact flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Avoid rubbing the eye. If experiencing prolonged irritation or soreness, seek medical attention. In the event that Hydro-Bond™ is ingested there may be irritation of mucus membranes of mouth, throat, esophagus and stomach along with nausea may occur. Abrasion to the mouth, esophagus, stomach and intestinal tract may occur. If inhaled, in emergency situations, use proper respiratory protection and immediately remove the affected person from the exposure. Keep at rest. Administer artificial respiration if breathing has stopped. Seek medical attention. If swallowed do not induce vomiting. Rinse mouth well with water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Seek medical attention. Repeated unprotected exposure to Hydro-Bond™ may result in sensitization to susceptible individuals. General advice: If negative symptoms develop while handling the product, move out of the area to prevent further exposure. Consult a physician as a precautionary measure if symptoms develop after being subjected to unprotected exposure of the material. If eye or skin irritation occurs flush with plenty of fresh water.
4.a. Maximum storage temperature: 120°F continuous, 140°F up to 5 days
4.b. Minimum storage temperature: 35°F
4.c. Optimum storage temperature range: 40°F to 120°F
4.d. Temperatures of phase separations and chemical changes: Stable
|V. SHELF LIFE|
Unlimited in sealed poly drums or totes (as delivered).
|VI. RECOMMENDED APPLICATION PROCEDURE|
1. Application Method: Product is best used in contained systems such as barriers, socks, mats, blankets, etc. Containment systems should be fully deployed before the application of Hydro-Bond™ to better facilitate rapid and complete recovery. For smaller spills a drum pump with sprayer and large orifice may be used to apply the Hydro-Bond™ material, mixing with salt or fresh water, depending on the spill being in salt or fresh water, as required depending on the type and viscosity of oil being treated. Aged hydrocarbon pollutants will tend to be more concentrated and more viscous; this may require additional quantities of Hydro-Bond™ to be applied. A higher viscosity hydrocarbon spill will require higher concentrations of Hydro-Bond™ and longer dwell times to ensure maximum absorption.
|VII.TOXICITY AND EFFECTIVENESS|
|VIII. MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS|
|IX. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES|
|1. Flash Point: >212ºF
2. Pour Point: N/A
3. Viscosity: N/A
4. Specific Gravity: 0.9524 @60°F
5. pH: N/A
6. Surface Active Agents: N/A
7. Solvents: N/A
8. Additives: None
9. Solubility in Water: Not soluble
|X. ANALYSIS FOR HEAVY METALS, CYANIDE, AND CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS|