SPILL GENIE™ 3T
TECHNICAL PRODUCT BULLETIN B-74
USEPA, OEM REGULATIONS IMPLEMENTATION DIVISION
LISTING DATE: AUGUST 6, 2020
“SPILL GENIE™ 3T”
(aka, SG 3T)
|I. NAME, BRAND, OR TRADEMARK|
|SPILL GENIE™ 3T
(aka, SG 3T)
Type of Product: Bioremediation Agent (Biological Additive)
|II. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF MANUFACTURER/CONTACT|
445 Texas Highway 36
Rosenberg, TX 77417
Phone: (713) 357-5300
(Mr. Kelly Aimes)
|III. NAME, ADDRESS, AND TELEPHONE NUMBER OF PRIMARY DISTRIBUTORS|
|Spill Genie, LLC
4377 Commercial Way, #158
Spring Hill, FL 34606
Phone: (352) 515-3861
Fax: (352) 619-1197
(Mr. Rick Stotts, President and Product Owner)
|IV. SPECIAL HANDLING AND WORKER PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND FIELD APPLICATION|
|1. Flammability: Non-flammable (DOT: Non-Hazardous)
2. Ventilation: Recommended, ventilator in confined areas.
3. Skin and eye contact; protective clothing; treatment in case of contact: Wear eye protection and impervious gloves. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling. If eye contact, wash eyes thoroughly for 15 minutes; including upper and lower lids and seek medical attention. For skin contact, irritation is possible, wash with soap and water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
4.a. Maximum storage temperature: Below 95ºF.
4.b. Minimum storage temperature: Above 32ºF.
4.c. Optimum storage temperature range: 55ºF to 90ºF. Avoid storage in extreme heat and extreme cold.
4.d. Temperatures of phase separation and chemical changes: Stable within storage temperature ranges.
|V. SHELF LIFE|
|One year in the original unopened container, as delivered, under optimum storage conditions. It is not recommended to store in open containers. Unused product stored in a properly sealed or air tight container will have a diminished shelf life of less than one year.|
|VI. RECOMMENDED APPLICATION PROCEDURE|
|1. Application Method: Surficial spraying of Spill Genie™ 3T may be applied by a conventional liquid delivery system used in the bioremediation industry.
a. Spill Genie™ 3T is designated for use on soils, sandy or gravel applications. In-situ and situ application can vary based on soil and surface composition. Spill Genie™ 3T is pre-mixed into water and sprayed directly onto the hydrocarbon contaminants on soils, sandy or gravel areas. Spill Genie™ 3T should be applied using recommended dilution rates and utilizing a conventional sprayer or water dispensing cannon (recommend application above 35ºF, with optimum above 48ºF). Reapplication may be required to achieve desired results.
b. When bioremediating contaminated substrate, whether sand, gravel or soil, additional applications of nutrients, oxygen releasing compounds and or aeration may be required to maintain or boost microbial activity.
2. Concentration/Application Rate:
a. Typical dilution is 1 gallon of Spill Genie™ 3T with 9 gallons of water (approximately 1:10 dilution ratio, product to water). For lighter hydrocarbons, a dilution ratio of up to 1:30, product to water). Apply 0.5 gallons of stock solution of Spill Genie™ 3T to one cubic yard of contaminated soil. Agitate to slurry by mixing thoroughly with contaminated soil. Application rate may vary due to level of hydrocarbon contamination or type and density of treatable substrate.
b. Hydrocarbon types: Spill Genie™ 3T can be applied on hydrocarbon compounds including, but not limited to, crude, diesel, gasoline, aviation fuel, light oils, and bunker fuels.
c. Aged or asphaltic contaminants may be more resistant to remediation efforts and may require multiple applications.
d. Application rates of Spill Genie™ 3T may vary widely based on unknown extent and depth of contamination.
3. Conditions for Use:
a. Most frequent applications include petroleum contamination around ASTs and USTs (Above and Underground Storage Tanks) and containment pits requiring rehabilitation.
b. Optimum application temperature of Spill Genie™ 3T is above 48ºF.
c. Aeration of treated medium is recommended as it will increase oxygen levels within the treated area allowing microbial reproductions and remediation activity to thrive.
d. Additional nutrients may be required to increase microbial activity over time if intrinsic nutrients are depleted. An application of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium fertilizer can be used in-situ or situ to boost microbial activity and enhance co-metabolic digestion of petroleum.
e. After treatment, solid asphaltic residue should be collected, removed from the site and disposed of in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations. Collection process and disposal of any excess washing solution, should comply with applicable local, state and federal regulations.
f. Prevent spill run-off from entering surface and sub-surface water bodies.
g. Expected results in TPH (Total Petroleum Hydrocarbon) reduction have been observed between 7 and 28 days.
|VII. TOXICITY AND EFFECTIVENESS|
Results of Gravimetric Analysis:
Percentage (%) Decrease in Weight of Oil on Day 28
|VIII. MICROBIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS|
1. Listing of each component of the total formulation, other than microorganisms, by chemical name and percentage by weight: CONFIDENTIAL
2. Listing of all microorganisms by species and percentages of each species in the composition of the additive: CONFIDENTIAL
3. Optimum pH, temperature, and salinity ranges for use of the additive: CONFIDENTIAL
4. Minimum and maximum pH, temperature, and salinity levels below or above which the effectiveness of the additive is reduced to half its optimum capacity: CONFIDENTIAL
5. Special nutrient requirements: NA
6. Test results regarding the determination of the presence of the following:
Fecal coliform: Negative
Staphylococcus Coagulase positive: Negative
Beta hemolytic Streptococci: Negative
1. Listing of each component of the total formulation, other than enzymes, by chemical and percentage by weight: CONFIDENTIAL
2. Enzyme(s): CONFIDENTIAL
3. International Union of Biochemistry (I.U.B.) number(s): CONFIDENTIAL
4. Source of enzyme: CONFIDENTIAL
5. Units: CONFIDENTIAL.
6. Specific Activity: CONFIDENTIAL
7. Optimum Conditions: CONFIDENTIAL
8. Enzyme shelf life: CONFIDENTIAL
9. Enzyme optimum storage conditions: CONFIDENTIAL
Nutrient Additives: NA
|IX. PHYSICAL PROPERTIES|
|X. ANALYSIS FOR HEAVY METALS, CYANIDE, AND CHLORINATED HYDROCARBONS|