Multi-Site Environmental Management System at ORD Laboratories
A multi-site environmental management system (EMS) may be used when an organization has multiple facilities or operating units or subordinate organizations. The key attribute for a multi-site organization EMS is that the environmental aspects of all the activities, products and services of all the units are managed as part of a single EMS.
Environmental Policy for the ORD Laboratories
- Ensure compliance by meeting applicable environmental requirements while conducting research activities;
- Strive to continuously improve environmental performance;
- Integrate source reduction and other pollution prevention into research activities;
- Consider the environmental impact in planning, purchasing, operating, and budget decisions;
- Establish, track, and review specific environmental objectives and targets; and
- Share information regarding environmental performance with all persons working for or on behalf of ORD.