An organization is required to establish objectives and targets to achieve a specific level of environmental performance for its significant environmental aspects. These objectives and targets must be consistent with the organization's environmental policy, and the legal and other requirements to which it adheres. They should also be measurable, whenever possible, and take into account the technological feasibility of the various options, the costs involved, the organization's operational requirements, and the views of interested persons and organizations.
Organizations are also required to develop management programs (MPs) to provide the structure and accountability to achieve the objectives and targets. Region 7’s Management Programs are designed to ensure both continued compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local statutory requirements and to achieve higher levels of performance in areas related to environmental stewardship and sustainability. The regional office building and operations are Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified. Please refer to these LEED education brochures for more information on the certification.
Region 7 EMS Management Programs
- LEED Management Program
- Hazardous Waste Management Program
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Management Program
- Sustainable Facilities Management Program
- Sustainable Operations and Applications Resources (SOAR) Program
- Sustainable Travel Management Program
If you have questions about these environmental management programs, please use the Contact Us link to send us a message.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Operating Procedure For Objectives, Targets and Programs of the Region 7 EMS (PDF)(7 pp, 47 K, 1/28/2016)
- Objectives and Targets List of the Region 7 EMS - FY16 Cycle (PDF)(3 pp, 21 K, 1/20/2016)