EPA Region 10 is committed to acting in an environmentally, economically and fiscally sound, responsible manner. We believe it is incumbent upon us to reach a higher standard of environmental excellence and “walk-the-talk” toward a more sustainable future. Region 10 will serve as a public example, fostering an understanding of the relationships among the natural and man-made environments, economics, and society as a whole.
To accomplish this, the managers and staff of the EPA Region 10 Seattle office, in partnership with our contractors and building owners commit to:
- Implement an Environmental Management System (EMS), using this as the primary approach for addressing environmental aspects within our operations/services;
- Promote pollution prevention within the Region;
- Lead by example by reducing our carbon footprint;
- Measure our progress towards our environmental goals;
- Comply with all applicable environmental and energy legal and regulatory requirements, Executive Orders, and local requirements;
- Continually improve our environmental performance;
- Educate our employees regarding our environmental goals;
- Strive for more environmentally, economically and socially sustainable practices in our regional operations; and
- Share our performance with the public.
For more information about the EMS at the EPA Region 10 facilities, please use the Contact Us link or send a direct message to David Baker.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Region 10 Seattle Office Environmental Policy Statement (PDF)(1 pg, 521 K, 10/18/2010)