Region 3 Mid-Atlantic Multi-Site Environmental Management System (EMS)
The EPA Mid-Atlantic Multi-Site Environmental Management System (EMS) is the regional vehicle to support Agency-wide sustainability efforts, reduce greenhous gas emissions, conserve energy and water, and improve the efficiency of our vehicles.
The scope of our Mid-Atlantic Multi-Site EMS is for the activities, products and services at our facilities listed below:
- Chesapeake Bay Office (CBO) in Annapolis, Maryland
- Environmental Science Center (ESC) in Fort Meade, Maryland
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Office (PHL)
- Wheeling, West Virginia Office (WHL)
Our Multi-site EMS will help us address identified significant aspects of our facility operations by:
- Reducing greenhouse gas and other air emissions;
- Reducing use of and discharges to water;
- Reducing generation of waste;
- Reducing use of electricity;
- Reducing use of supplies, including paper;
- Reducing use of petroleum; and
- Increasing our purchase of green products.
The Environmental Science Center (ESC) in Fort Meade, Maryland, and our Philadelphia Regional Office were early adopters and leaders in the development and implementation of EMS at EPA facilities. The ESC piloted EMS at EPA and had the first third-party certified EMS in the agency while the Philadelphia Regional Office was the first EPA office to have a third party certified EMS.
Multi-Site Environmental Management System
The EPA Mid-Atlantic Region developed a Multi-Site Environmental Management System to continue our EMS leadership by:
- Combining our two existing systems at the Environmental Science Center and Philadelphia office;
- Including our Chesapeake Bay Program in Annapolis, Maryland, and Wheeling, West Virginia offices in the multi-site EMS;
- Ensuring a coordinated effort in contributing to EPA Agency-wide sustainability goals; and
- Decreasing duplication of documentation and reducing implementation resources.
The Mid-Atlantic Environmental Multi-Site Coordinator is Skip Weisberg, (410) 305-2681.
If you are interested in obtaining a copy of our Environmental Policy, any of our EMS documents, or have other inquiries related to our EMS, please call or send a direct message to Skip Weisberg or the EMS Coordinator at one of our facilities:
- Philadelphia Office: Rachael Kane, (215) 814-5269
- Environmental Science Center: Jeff Dodd, (410) 305-2654
- Wheeling, West Virginia Office: Paula Curtin, (304) 234-0256
- Chesapeake Program Office: Greg Allen, (410) 267-5746