Scope of the Region 7 EMS
Organizations develop an environmental management system (EMS) scope in order to define the boundaries of what is, and is not, included in the system. Typically, the EMS scope will include all of the organization's activities that take place on their property: those areas that are under their direct control and where they have environmental regulatory liability. The scope may also include areas that are outside of the organization's direct control, but over which they may be able to exert some influence such as encouraging their employees to use carpooling or mass transportation systems when traveling to and from work.
The Region 7 EMS scope covers the following:
- 11201 Renner Blvd, Lenexa, Kansas (Regional Office)
- 300 Minnesota Avenue, Kansas City, Kansas (Science & Technology Center)
- 8600 NE Underground Drive, Pillar #253, Kansas City, Missouri (Training and Logistics Center)
- Various field locations in Missouri and Iowa
- Region 7 EPA personnel and onsite contractors and grantees
- Tenant personnel are required to comply with legal requirements
- Field activities limited to official travel
- Employee commuting to / from work
If you have questions about the Region 7 EMS, please use the Contact Us link to send us a message.