Transmittal memorandum and eleven sample documents to assist the Regions when faced with non-compliance with Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA, commonly referred to as Superfund) unilateral administrative orders (UAOs), administrative orders on consent (AOCs), and consent decrees (CDs), or Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) documents requiring corrective action. Issued 7/1/1996.
Sample documents and language include:
- Sample Kick-Off Letter
- Sample Comment Letter after review of unacceptable deliverable
- Sample Comment Letter after review of unacceptable RCRA corrective action deliverable for entities with limited ability to pay
- Sample Justification Memo with AO/CD violation form attached
- Sample Warning Letter for late and/or unacceptable deliverables
- Sample Notice Letter Granting an Extension
- Sample Letter providing notice of violation of RCRA corrective action
- Sample Letter providing notice of violation of CERCLA deliverable requirements
- Participate and Cooperate language for AOC and RD/RA Settlement
- Participate and Cooperate language for UAO (to be issued to parties expected to comply)
- Participate and Cooperate language for UAO (to be issued to parties not expected to comply)
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.