The purpose of this memorandum is to ensure consistent implementation of the Water Infrastructure Improvement Act ("WIIA") which requires EPA to inform municipalities of the opportunity to develop an integrated plan and to promote the use of green infrastructure, as appropriate, in consent decrees and settlement agreements in enforcement actions.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Implementation of integrated Planning and Green Infrastructure through Enforcement Tools (PDF)(2 pp, 465 K)
- Integrated Municipal Stormwater and Wastewater Planning Approach Framework (PDF)(9 pp, 406 K, Jun 5, 2012)
- Water Infrastructure Improvement Act Public Law No.115-436 (PDF)(5 pp, 132 K)
- EPA's 2014 Greening CSO Plans: Planning and Modeling Green Infrastructure for Combined Sewer Overflow Control (PDF)(38 pp, 2 MB)
- Integrated Municipal Stormwater and Wastewater Planning Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)(10 pp, 240 K)