Envirofacts offers several choices for downloading data. The search options listed below allow a user to build their own search and download the results to a file. The Geospatial Download feature enables a user to download spatial data files for use in mapping and reporting applications.
- FRS - This search allows you select key data elements from EPA's Facility Registry Service (FRS) and Location Reference Database to build a tabular report or a Comma Separated Value (CSV) file for downloading.
- TRI - This search allows you to select key data elements from the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) to build a tabular report or a CSV file for downloading. TRI contains information about more than 650 toxic chemicals that are being used, manufactured, treated, transported, or released into the environment.
- PCS - This search allows you to select any data element in the Permit Compliance System (PCS) to build a tabular report or a CSV file for downloading. PCS provides information on companies which have been issued permits to discharge waste water into rivers. This search tool is primarily geared toward the experienced user.
- RadNet - This search allows you to select any data element in RadNet to build a tabular report or a CSV file for downloading. RadNet, formerly the Environmental Radiation Ambient Monitoring System (ERAMS), is a national network of monitoring stations that regularly collect air, precipitation, drinking water, and milk samples for analysis of radioactivity. This search tool is primarily geared toward the experienced user.
- TRI - This search allows you to select any data element in TRI to build a tabular report or a CSV file for downloading. This search tool is primarily geared toward the experienced user.
To improve public health and the environment, the EPA collects information about facilities or sites subject to environmental regulation. The EPA Geospatial Data Access Project provides a downloadable files of these facilities or sites in the following formats; extensible markup language (XML) file, keyhole markup language (KML) file, ESRI Shapefile and ESRI Feature Class.
- EPA Region - Provides EPA Regional coverages of a subset of the facilities within FRS. Data files are in KML format only.
- Single - A single State level CSV file for all FRS facilities. Each state zip file contains a single file of key facility-level information including facility name and address, geospatial information, affiliated EPA and State programs, and facility industry classifications (SIC and NAICS codes and descriptions).
- Combined - A State level collection of CSV files for all FRS facilities containing individual facility name and address, geospatial, facility interests, organizations, industrial classifications (SIC and NAICS), alternative names, contacts, and mailing address files.