The Children's Health Merit Award is awarded to an individual or group that has demonstrated significant progress, contribution, leadership toward protecting children from environmental health risks in schools, homes, childcare environments, or other places where children live, learn and play in New England including: advancement to increase awareness of children's unique vulnerabilities to pollutants and other environmental hazards through research, education, outreach or capacity-building; development of activities or programs that have produced tangible reduction in risk to children from environmental health hazards.
Children's Health Merit Award Criteria: (Total 65 pts)
- EPA's mission is to protect human health and the environment. Please explain how your work connects to the 2018-2022 strategic plan and EPA's environmental statutes. (35 pts)
- Measurable, sustainable and lasting public health or environmental results (15 pts)
- Ability of the program/activity to be replicated or widely shared (10 pts)
- Promotion of innovative ideas or approaches (5 pts)
You must identify which priority your application addresses for the Children's Health Application:
- Improve Air Quality
- Provide Clean and Safe Water
- Revitalize Land & Prevent Contamination
- Ensure Safety of Chemicals
No longer accepting 2020 EMA applications.
- Save the nomination form below to your personal computer.
- Fill out and email the completed form to R1_EMAnomination@epa.gov