An official website of the United States government.

This is not the current EPA website. To navigate to the current EPA website, please go to This website is historical material reflecting the EPA website as it existed on January 19, 2021. This website is no longer updated and links to external websites and some internal pages may not work. More information »

Application Forms for Open Burning Tribal Permits Under the FARR

Use the permit forms below for open burning on the Nez Perce Indian Reservation or the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation under EPA's Federal Air Rules for Reservations (FARR).

Firefighter trainings require a large open burn permit.

Agricultural, forestry-related, and small burns require a different permit. For more information, visit Tribal Burn Permit Programs on the Nez Perce and Umatilla Indian Reservations

You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.