FacID v3.0 Best Practices
The purpose of this page is to address common issues data sources experience when setting up an inbound FACID 3.0 data exchange with FRS through the Exchange Network.
The following list describes what FRS expects to be populated in the specified XML elements. Elements are specified in italics below.
- The State Master Facility record should be populated within this element.
- The uniqe ID for this facility should be populated in the FacilitySiteIdentifier element.
- State Environmental Interests/Program records should be populated within this element
- Each State Program/Permit record should be populated once. For example, a Title V Air Major should have one record containing its permit ID number and the start data of its first permit. It should not have several records recording start and stop dates.
- SICList, NAICS List and AffiliationList
- In FACID 3.0, the child components (SIC, NAICS, Contact, Organization) are available at both the Facility and the Environmental Interest level. The schema was structured in this manner because some partners manage facility site information at the facility site level, while others manage facility site information at the environmental interest level. However, FRS has been receiving duplicate data at both the Environmental Interest and Facility levels from the same source. If the data is duplicative, it is only necessary to send it at either the Facility or Environmentla Interest level, but not both.