An official website of the United States government.

This is not the current EPA website. To navigate to the current EPA website, please go to This website is historical material reflecting the EPA website as it existed on January 19, 2021. This website is no longer updated and links to external websites and some internal pages may not work. More information »

Fuels Registration, Reporting, and Compliance Help

How does a foreign grandfathered renewable fuel production facility processing a mixture of feedstocks with different D codes or no D codes classify its production into D code categories so RINs can be generated when the product is imported into the U.S.?

If the importer is generating the RINs, the importer must obtain all the required information for registration from the foreign producer of the renewable fuel pursuant to 80.1426(a)(2) and 80.1450.

In the case of a foreign producer using multiple feedstocks with different D codes, the importer must obtain information about the feedstocks sufficient to calculate the feedstock energy values FE as described in 80.1426(f)(3)(vi).