An official website of the United States government.

This is not the current EPA website. To navigate to the current EPA website, please go to This website is historical material reflecting the EPA website as it existed on January 19, 2021. This website is no longer updated and links to external websites and some internal pages may not work. More information »

Fuels Registration, Reporting, and Compliance Help

If a party registers a facility as a refinery, oxygenate blending facility or import facility and then does not produce or import gasoline at that facility during an averaging period, must the party report to EPA?

Refiners, importers, and oxygenate blenders are required to report to EPA only during averaging periods when the party produces or imports some volume of gasoline, even if the party has previously registered with EPA.(9/26/94)

This question and answer was originally posted at Consolidated List of Reformulated Gasoline and Anti-Dumping Questions and Answers: July 1, 1994 through November 10, 1997 (PDF)(333 pp, 18.17 MB, EPA420-R-03-009, July 2003, About PDF)