List of Enhancements Planned for EMTS v4.2
In late November 2015, EPA plans to release a new version of the EPA Moderated Transaction System (EMTS) that will contain several enhancements and a change to the submission schema. The following major enhancements in EMTS v4.2 will affect both RIN trading for the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) and credit trading for the Fuels Averaging, Banking, and Trading (ABT) program.
- On-demand reports for the RIN Holdings and Pending RIN Trades reports.
- New fields for buy and sell transactions to indicate a Bill of Lading and invoice number.
Fuels ABT enhancements
- New page in web interface to display aggregate Fuels ABT credits retired for compliance.
- Locking and unlocking functionality for Fuels ABT credits.
- Ability for small refineries to generate, trade, and retire “transitional” sulfur credits.
- New report for Fuels ABT activity management.
- On-demand reports for the Fuels ABT Holdings and Pending Fuels ABT Trades reports.
Submission schema changes
The submission schema changes require a new template for converting MS Excel files to XML. EPA is releasing the new schema and the new template for converting Excel files to XML now to allow companies to make adjustments to their systems and business processes BEFORE the release of EMTS v4.2.
- The new template for converting MS Excel files to XML will be REQUIRED when EMTS v4.2 is released.
- The submission schema changes are OPTIONAL. Only users that would like to utilize the new schema elements need to upgrade their systems to use the new submission schema. The previous versions of the submission schema will continue to be accepted in EMTS v4.2.