An official website of the United States government.

This is not the current EPA website. To navigate to the current EPA website, please go to This website is historical material reflecting the EPA website as it existed on January 19, 2021. This website is no longer updated and links to external websites and some internal pages may not work. More information »

Fuels Registration, Reporting, and Compliance Help

Terminate a Registration for a Fuel Additive

COVID-19 Flexibility for Reports and Fuel Additive Manufacturer Registration Submissions under 40 CFR Part 79

If you choose to mail or send materials to us by courier at this time, we may be delayed in our ability to access and process the materials. We are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 situation. We will not retrieve mail and packages until we return to the office. If you have materials of a time sensitive nature, or if you wish for us to receive your materials more immediately, then the following options are available to you:

If you are already registered with the Central Data Exchange (CDX), then you may submit your Part 79 fuel additive registration, registration updates, or fuel and fuel additive report forms through the DC Fuels application in CDX, EPA's secure portal for parties to submit data to the Agency. Please see: User Guides for OTAQDCFUELin OTAQREG. After submission, please send an email to stating that a submission has been uploaded to DC Fuels and include the name of the file and the CDX Transaction ID. Fuel manufacturers/importers should electronically submit fuel requests through OTAQREG using the instructions on the following webpage: Register or Update a Fuel Request under 40 CFR Part 79.

If you are not registered with CDX and wish to claim Confidential Business Information (CBI) for any information contained in your submission, then you may establish an account in CDX. You may register as a company (with no facilities) and choose RIN Owner Only as your only business activity. You may then submit materials to EPA via CDX. We encourage you to visit the registration page at How to Register a New Company, Facility or User for Part 80 Fuels Program and to follow the instructions there, and to contact the help desk if assistance is needed.

We do not encourage the submission of materials via email. However, if you are not already registered with CDX and if you do not wish to claim CBI as to any part of your submission, then you may submit your materials via email to

We encourage all parties to monitor the EPA website and sign up for ENVIROFLASH alerts. When subscribing, you may indicate interest in Part 79 and/or any other program you wish to follow.

Follow these steps to terminate a registration for a fuel additive:

  1. Make the request on company letterhead.
  2. Send letter to: EPA's Fuels Programs Mailing Addresses

Note: To deactivate a registration for a fuel product, please see, Register a New Fuel or Update an Existing Fuel Request under 40 CFR Part 79