An official website of the United States government.

This is not the current EPA website. To navigate to the current EPA website, please go to This website is historical material reflecting the EPA website as it existed on January 19, 2021. This website is no longer updated and links to external websites and some internal pages may not work. More information »

Fuels Registration, Reporting, and Compliance Help

Under "Business Activities" on the Company Details CDX web page, what does "Small Blender" mean?

The small blender business activity is in relation to §80.1440: "What are the provisions for blenders who handle and blend less than 125,000 gallons of renewable fuel per year?" The small blender business activity entry is for those parties (such as ethanol splash blenders, construction companies or farms) that blend small volumes of renewable fuel and do not want to handle RINs and the associated responsibilities, and therefore may want to use the flexibility provided by §80.1440 to allow their suppliers to separate RINs on their behalf.