An official website of the United States government.

This is not the current EPA website. To navigate to the current EPA website, please go to This website is historical material reflecting the EPA website as it existed on January 19, 2021. This website is no longer updated and links to external websites and some internal pages may not work. More information »

Fuels Registration, Reporting, and Compliance Help

What would the wholesaler put on his PTDs when he transfers title to another party?

Section 80.1153 describes the requirements for PTDs, which generally include the name and address of the transferor and transferee, the company registration number of each, the volume of renewable fuel being transferred, the date of the transfer, and information about any assigned RINs.

Question and Answer was originally posted at: Questions and Answers on the Renewable Fuel Standard Program (PDF) (55 pp, 221 K, EPA420-F-07-041a, August 2007, About PDF)